Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An introduction

I've had this blog for a week now and haven't written anything yet.  I have started thinking in narrations.  "My least favorite part of going to the store has always been...  No, that will be boring.  My MOST favorite part of going to the store..."  and so on.  Today, I pull the trigger.  Here is my first post.

A friend asked me what this blog is to be about.  At least I already knew that bit.  It's about me.  Duh.  But it's certainly not about me as a parent.  In fact, my intention is to include (and hopefully discover) as much about myself as I can without discussing parenting.  And in categorically eliminating that topic, it becomes the basis for this entire project.  After all, I wouldn't need to be reminded of myself if I hadn't, like so many other mothers I've encountered, forgotten about whatever it was that excited me a few years ago.

So, as a jumping off point, here is a list of five things I like (in no particular order) other than my immediate family.  It's a game I play from time to time to cheer myself up.  I'd love to hear your list, too.

1.  Swing dancing, even if I'm not that good.
2.  Painting, even if I'm not that good.
3.  Baking, at which I am excellent.  Seriously, you've never lived until you've had my Kentucky pound cake.
4.  Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy as portrayed by Colin Firth.
5.  Carbs.

And there you have it.  Welcome to my blog.

Madly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment